|Posted on April 24, 2017 at 1:35 AM|
Are you building a team? Most will say yes, as we are a group of direct sales reps. Want to turn those team squatters into team earners? Meet with them on a level they understand as, I AM HERE FOR YOU .... rather than, I AM ONLY CHECKING IN WITH YOU FOR YOUR NUMBERS. If you establish a relationship of trust with them, where they can tell you ... "Hey, I am going through something personal right now, and my mind hasn't been on my business." Rather than you checking in and they feel like in order to please you, they need to lie about their numbers. That's not doing you any good, and certainly, doesn't help you forecast.
One of the KEY things you can do as a LEADER who is building a team... is meet with each new member and ask them this list of questions.... I will tell you why below:
1. What was the reason you chose this business?
2. What is most important to you about owning your own business?
3. Are you doing this for fun, or for financial gain?
4. Do you see yourself striving to move up in the company?
5. What inspires you?
6. What do you expect out of me as your upline?
7. What do you foresee your obstacles being, if any, to reaching your goals with your business?
8. Do you see yourself as a self-starter, or do you like more hands on training?
I'm sure you can add to the list, or even emit some of the questions, but the key factor here is to get a BASE established. To find out who you are dealing with... what they expect, where they want to go. You can help them if you don't know.
This will cause them to gain respect for you because they will see they you recognize that it's not about you... you are seeking to know them so you can be a good leader.
With this information, when your downline starts going through a funk, you LISTEN first.... then remind them of what their mindset was prior to this obstacle they are facing. Remind them that their success matters to you. Encourage them with those beginning statements they gave you, You can't make everyone be a go-getter, you can only encourage and you can help those who stepped out and believed in you, get out of their heads so they can get back on track.